As the Social Sciences Librarian, I support students and faculty working in anthropology and sociology. As a member of the Center for Digital Scholarship and Digital Publishing Librarian, I manage IUPUI’s Open Access Journal Publishing program. I also serve as the government information librarian and the campus representative to the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR).
Areas of Expertise: digital publishing, social science data, government information, data visualization
Research Interests: open access publishing, data visualization
Lee, Y.Y., Foster, E.D., Polley, D.E., & Odell, J. (2017). Using the ‘rentrez’ R Package to Identify Repository Records for NCBI LinkOut. Code4Lib Journal, Issue 38. https://journal.code4lib.org/articles/12792
Palmer, K., Pollock, C.M.J, & Polley, D.E. (2016). Chronicling Hoosier. https://centerfordigschol.github.io/chroniclinghoosier/
Polley, D.E. (2016). Visualizing the topical coverage of an institutional repository using VOSviewer. In Magnuson, L. (Ed.), Data visualization: A guide to visual storytelling for librarians. Lanham, MD: Roman & Littlefield. http://hdl.handle.net/1805/7039
Börner, K., & Polley, D.E. (2014). Visual insights: A practical guide to making sense of data. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
Börner, K., & Polley, D.E. (2014). Replicable science of science studies. In Y. Ding, R. Rousseau, & D. Wolfram (Eds.), Measuring scholarly impact: Methods and practice (pp. 321-343). New York, NY: Springer.
- Working Toward Open for All
- IUPUI’s New Open Access Journal on Muslim Philanthropy and Civil Society
- Generating a BibTeX file of Your Publications with Zotero for Import into Digital Measures – Activity Insight
- SocArXic: An open archive for the social sciences
- New Open Access Journal at IUPUI
- OJS 3.0 is here!
- An Open Digital Archive as a Transition to OA
- Making Maps in R
- Visualizing Data with R and ggplot2
- Connecting Zotero to cloud storage
Ted Polley, MLIS
Social Sciences & Digital Publishing Librarian
Call: (317) 274-8552
Office: UL 4120B