What is IUPUI Open Access Policy?
- This campus-wide policy was adopted by the IUPUI Faculty Council on October 7th, 2014.
- The IUPUI Library Faculty Council passed the IUPUI Library Faculty Deposit Mandate on April 5, 2009.
- This policy shows IUPUI's commitment to disseminating the fruits of research and scholarship as widely as possible.
- Participation increases readership and citation rates.
- The opt-out provision ensures that all authors have the freedom to publish in the journal of their choice.
Key Features of the Policy
- Increases readership and citation rates.
- Honors academic freedom and copyright.
- Facilitates compliance with NIH and other public access policies.
- Scholarly articles - not book chapters, presentations or posters.
- Accepted manuscripts after peer review: word processing files with tables and figures.
- Opt out for any article - no questions asked.
- Library-supported uploads to IUPUI Scholarworks (900,000 downloads per year, stable hyperlinks, indexed by academic search tools, embargo features).
For assistance and FAQs, please visit the IUPUI Open Access Policy Portal.