About IUPUI DataWorks
IUPUI DataWorks is a digital repository for data, a place for IUPUI researchers to share data openly and publicly. It is a service offered by the University Library Center for Digital Scholarship to make the products of IUPUI scholarship - journal articles, books, theses, and data – freely available to the world.
Why deposit in DataWorks?
Increase the visibility and impact of your research data – easier discovery for searchers, more exposure for you, allows you to incorporate your research data into your digital scholarly identity, enable data citation
We keep your data safe for the long term – long-term preservation, assign a digital object identifier (DOI) to provide persistent access
Comply with journal and funder requirements
Improve the transparency and integrity of the scholarly record
DataWorks allows you to share your data and supporting documentation and metadata in a much more flexible, durable, and impactful way than through a journal “supplemental materials” deposit.
- Share your data with the world with a digital object identifier (DOI)
- Increase your reach and impact through data citation
- Protect your work's future through long-term archiving and preservation
- Prepare and curate your data (see Curation Services)
- Develop appropriate standardized metadata
- Make your data FAIR
- Review our policies, deposit checklist, and readme template
- Gather have the following items:
- The title of the data set
- A brief description of the data set (200-500 words)
- A draft readme.txt
- A list of keywords (5-15 words or phrases)
- Links to access the data files for deposit.
- Email the information above, along with any questions, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receipt of your message and materials will be confirmed within 24 business hours and curatorial review will begin.
Please contact us with specific inquiries: email@example.com